Friday, March 18, 2011

Club Day and Nazi

It's Friday, which means I don't have to be at school until 1:45 to do my "club." Fridays are awesome because I get to sleep in and then only be at school for 30-45 minutes doing whatever I want. And best of all, THE ELECTRICITY IS ON RIGHT NOW! When I wake up and the electricity is on, it makes me instantly in a better mood. It's funny, because back home I never had to wake up and lay in bed trying to decide if I should even check the lightswitch and be disappointed when it isn't on, or just assume it is off and go about my day. Anyway, it is on and I am happy.
I woke up at 10:20 this morning to a knock on my door. Host mother had to leave and was bringing me breakfast. She had a good laugh when it was VERY apparent that I had just woken up and hopped out of bed to let her in. I couldn't even open my eyes because the sunlight was so bright. And when I looked in the mirror... my hair was ridiculous. That's because I actually got to take a shower last night and slept with wet hair. Oh well!
And now, the real meat of this post:
A couple of days ago I started getting texts from a random number saying it was someone named Nazi who is 12 years old and lives in Vardisubani. Of course, I thought this was Lydia or Cort messing with me because they had just the day before been joking around about kids named Swastika and Nazi in their classes. So, I ignored the texts. I was pretty impressed by Lydia/Cort's ability to recreate terrible vocabulary use and sentence structure like a true English Language Learner.
Yesterday, however, I was walking out of the school to go home after the 7th grade lesson, when a group of four comes up behind me. One girl said "my gift for you" and handed me a pink card she had made. It said "I <3 You" on the front. I smiled and said thank you and she kept following me. I opened up the card.
Inside it read "HII.. My names is Nazi. I am 12 yeard old. I'm dancer. I love dance this is hobby. I am Georgian, my teleph number is _______! I love you very much. What your names? Where are you from? What your telephon number? Can you was my friend? What your hobby? you are very good girl. I love you BaBy"
So, as it turns out, Nazi is real. I'm not quite sure why she doesn't know my name... unless she just thinks that is how you start talking to someone. Later in the evening, I received more texts from Nazi. Because I'm incredibly curious, I responded and thanked her for the card and asked how she got my number. Apparently Tiko gave it to her. Now I am left wondering who else in the school has my phone number. Also, Nazi is relentless with the texts. I get about 3 in a row every time she sends one. She always calls me "bay-bay." Where do they come up with this stuff?
 Not to be outdone, after seeing the card Nazi gave me, Tiko made me a card as well.

I'm glad it's just about the weekend. Tomorrow Shay is coming from her village to Telavi, and the usual Telavi area gang (Shannon, Cort, Phil, Andrea and I) are going to meet up with her. We are going to try to visit the castle in the day andShay and I are planning to either stay the night in Shannon's village or in a hotel in Telavi. Should be excellent. Then next weeken-- Tbilisi trip and possible football (soccer) game at the stadium. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment