Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I'm really sucking at blogging lately. I guess I've been in a mood where things are a bit more aggravating than amusing for the most part, and I don't want to write all my annoyances down because I'd rather just forget about them when they are over.
On Friday night I went to Signagi with some friends and we stayed at a guest house where we got the entire second floor of a house to ourselves. We drank vodka and ate junk food in an outdoor gazebo near the main road and then we went back to the guest house and basically sat around dissing each other until we were all tired and wanted to go to sleep. It's amazing how much fun we can have just basically making fun of each other. On Saturday we walked around the city and looked at the beautiful sights and ate ice cream and then sat around in the park and on various walls. It was great weather and we were warm. Shannon got pretty sunburned.
Then we went to Shay's village where we ate dinner with her host family and drank wine. The next morning Shannon had to leave early but Cort and I stayed. The weather was crappy and rainy all day but we walked around a bit and got some beer and then went back to the house and watched a bunch of episodes of "Modern Family." We went back to our villages yesterday morning.
I got home just in time to call my mom to say Happy Mothers Day and hear some interesting news.
Last night I found out that a guy I am supposed to meet up with this weekend (who said he was 28) is actually 35. Now I feel weirded out that he told me the wrong age, even though he apologized quite a lot.
Today was another day very similar to most days in the village, except the weather was really nice and it's sunny and warm.
On the down side, I wore my flats to school without tights or nylons (and I was wearing pants) so the whole staffroom was freaking out asking me if I was cold and basically in shock that I would not be wearing nylons. I tried to explain that in the US people really don't wear nylons all the time, and my co-teacher said that's because we have indoor heating in the US, which might be right.... but also, IT WAS FREAKIN' WARM TODAY. Even inside the school that is normally like 2 degrees.
On a brighter note, one of my 7th grade girls made me a little wool heart that has my name sewn on it. She followed me to the staffroom after class to give it to me. The 7th grade girls are so ridiculously sweet; I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment