Monday, September 12, 2011

7

It's sad, I guess, because it's my cat's 7th birthday and if I think about everything (everything) that has come to be since my cat was given to me I can't even explain anything at all. But I love him and I'm far away and I think somehow my cat is exactly who I am as a human even though maybe a lot of people wouldn't understand or even agree.
I am 22 and when I got my cat it was my 16th birthday. I could try to describe every moment of that day because I remember most of it EXACTLY, but I've drank a bit and who even cares anyway? The guy I liked ditched me at a dance, the guy I cared about most is married now and my friends are scattered everywhere. But Desi (my cat) remains and I think about him and smile because he's the first thing I've loved more than myself in so long I don't even know.

As for Georgia, I think we found somewhere to live. And we've made some new friends. And we've eaten so much acharuli khatchapuri I think I will gain 15pounds again in like 2 weeks. It's hard to say what's different and what is the same. I miss my friends I made last time so much I feel like I might explode. I miss my friends form before that so much I might explode. I miss people who I've known forever and who live in Chico again so much I might explode. I don't mind living in the hostel except for how much money I'm losing. I like being here where new people arrive constantly and every now and then people I know walk through. Or even the owners who I'm friends with walk through. If it weren't for them, we'd still be homeless. Because after less than 1hr, our friends here helped us find somewhere to live and drove us to the apartment and translated what the woman was saying to us. All we had to do to repay them was buy them a little bit of food.
And just now, a Israeli man in the hostel brought us some dates and almonds because they like them in Israel. Which is funny because it reminds him of his home, and it reminds me of my home because of the almonds. And that is what travelling is like. And I love it so much. 

2 comments:

  1. I miss you. And I was nice to Desi on his birthday, even though I had a really bad day. Come to think of it, I'm always really nice to Desi. Yesterday the pastor's wife came over and she really liked him too. She pet him a lot and he wasn't even a jerk. I'm sorry your 16th birthday was so bad. I feel responsible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm my 16th birthday was actually one of my favorite birthdays ever, haha. some bad things happened but it was a really good one overall.

    ReplyDelete